Why Choose PHB for Aluminum Die Casting?
- From design concept to production and packaging PHB is a world leader in die casting, with clients ranging from automobile manufacturers to the U.S. military.
- PHB solves problems. Our clients value our ability to turn complex design specifications into reality.
- PHB handles all aspects of aluminum die casting from mold design and testing, to aluminum component manufacturing, finishing, and packaging.
Aluminum Die Casting Capabilities
MagmaSoft® Aluminum Mold Flow Testing
PHB uses the internationally recognized MAGMAsoft® simulation technology to optimize tool design and aluminum casting quality. MAGMAsoft® simulation capabilities provide a better understanding of aluminum injection mold filling, high pressure aluminum die casting, solidification, mechanical properties, thermal stresses and distortions, and much more. Fully menu-driven with an integrated solid modeler, CASD interfaces, and extensive databases, MAGMAsoft® provides a complete solution for design, production, and quality departments. Read More About MAGMAsoft®
Prototyping of Aluminum Parts
PHB can provide components and assemblies in prototyping and low-volume production quantities using a multitude of methods including but not limited to:
- Plaster Injection Mold Castings
- CNC Machining and Hog-outs
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS)
- P-20 Tooling
Aluminum Casting Alloys
Aluminum die casting alloys are lightweight and posses high dimensional stability for complex part geometries and thin walls. Aluminum has good corrosion resistance and mechanical properties as well as high thermal and electrical conductivity, making it a good alloy for die casting.
- Aluminum: 360, 380, 383 and 413
- Zinc-Aluminum: ZA-8, ZA-12 and ZA-27
Aluminum Surface Finishing
PHB will manage customer finishing requirements to ensure parts meet specifications in both a timely and cost effective manner.
- Powder Coating (electrostatic application)
- Wet Paint
- Electroless Nickel
- Silk Screening and Stenciling
- EMI/RFI Shielding
- Surface Conditioning (shot and bead blasting)
Our Manufacturing Packaging Process
PHB offers a variety of packaging options for our customers. We can provide packaging layered or by cell. We cater to each individual market all across the globe, and understand that we may have to create something just for you. That’s why we also offer custom designed returnable cardboard or plastic packaging.