PHB, Inc. located in Fairview Pennsylvania, recognized globally as a fully integrated supplier of quality parts and assemblies, has an immediate opening for Quality Inspector at the Machining Division. PHB, Inc. is a highly automated and technologically advanced manufacturer with capabilities consisting of zinc die casting, aluminum die casting, machining, plastic and rubber molding, tool & die, injection molding, and product assembly. We service many markets including plastics, appliance, telecommunications, electronics, electrical equipment, automotive, transportation, medical, industrial equipment, instrumentation, aerospace, and defense industries.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, have excellent attendance and be comfortable in a high production environment. There is opportunity for advancement.
- Measures angular dimensions, radii, contours, clearances, thread lead, and other specifications.
- Tests units for fit of moving parts and mechanical functioning.
- Tests parts for hardness.
- Inspects and verifies accuracy of gauges and measuring instruments for conformance to specifications.
- Examines defective parts to determine cause of defect and recommends changes or modifications.
- Determines if defective items can be salvaged.
- Measures surface finish of part.
- Inspects first run, in-process and trial parts and assemblies at Receiving, In-process and Final Inspection.
- Inspects cleanliness.
- Inspects parts for flaws or other non-conformances based on specification requirements with specialized equipment.
- Reviews and determines acceptance of products/services provided by subcontractors.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- General math skills required.
- Full range of body motion required. Lifting/moving regularly up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Inspection experience, use of basic measuring tools , (ie : calipers, thread gages, mics)
- Good communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
PHB Machining offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package. Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume or application.
You may get an application at PHB or by using the form below.
8150 West Ridge Road
Fairview, PA 16415