Why Choose PHB for Zinc Die Casting?
- From design concept, to production and packaging, PHB is a world leader in die casting, with clients ranging from large appliance manufacturing companies to the automotive industry.
- PHB solves problems. We can take the most complex design specifications and turn them into a finished product.
- PHB handles all aspects of zinc die casting from mold design and testing, to zinc component manufacturing, finishing, and packaging.
Zinc Die Casting Capabilities
PHB pours vast quantities of aluminum and zinc per year. We are a global leader in manufacturing for die casting. Our highly trained Metallurgists ensure that all alloys meet the specifications through continual chemical and physical analysis.
Our alloys include:
- Zinc: Zamak 3, 5, and 7
- Zinc-Aluminum: ZA-8, ZA-12, and ZA-27
Zinc alloys are the easiest to high pressure diecast. They offer high ductility, impact strength, and can be easily plated. Zinc alloys have a lower melting point than aluminum which can assist in promoting longer die life.
ZA alloys are zinc-based die casting materials that have a higher aluminum content than standard zinc alloys. These alloys provide high strength characteristics as well as high hardness and good bearing properties.
MagmaSoft® Zinc Mold Flow Testing
PHB uses the internationally recognized MAGMAsoft® simulation technology to optimize tool design and zinc casting quality.
MAGMAsoft® simulation capabilities provide a better understanding of zinc injection mold filling, solidification, mechanical properties, thermal stresses and distortions, and much more. Fully menu-driven with an integrated solid modeler, CASD interfaces, and extensive databases, MAGMAsoft® provides a complete solution for design, production, and quality departments. Read More About MAGMAsoft®
Prototyping of Zinc Die Cast Parts
PHB can provide components and assemblies in prototyping and low-volume production quantities using a multitude of methods including but not limited to:
- Plaster Injection Mold Castings
- CNC Machining and Hog-outs
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS)
- P-20 Tooling
Zinc Surface Finishing
PHB will manage customer finishing requirements to ensure parts meet specifications in both a timely and cost effective manner.
Our zinc surface finishing includes but is not limited to:
- Powder Coating (electrostatic application)
- Wet Paint
- Electroless Nickel
- Silk Screening and Stenciling
- EMI/RFI Shielding
- Surface Conditioning (shot and bead blasting)