PHB, Inc. located in Fairview, Pennsylvania, recognized globally as a fully integrated supplier of quality parts and assemblies, has an openings for a METAL HANDLER in the Die Cast Division on second shift.
A Metal Handler is responsible for:
- Reading and understand directions; follow oral instructions. Metal handlers must learn color-coding associated with identifying alloys.
- Operate a forklift with a bull ladle attachment safely & efficiently. Keep forklifts supplied with fuel and oil & notify supervision when servicing is required. Bull ladle operation requires keen eye/hand coordination. Metal handlers must be steady and confident as they are responsible for transporting and pouring hot molten metal. Safety is very important!
- Keep die cast machines equipped with the proper supply of metal alloy. This includes transporting hot, bar, ingot, & scrap metal to and from inspection and die cast machines, as well as filling pots with bull ladle and/or hand ladle.
- Institute metal changes by bailing pots and emptying ingot molds. Bailing a pot is physically demanding.
- Keep all furnaces/pots well supplied and attended. This includes using proper and safe metal handling practices.
- Transport equipment and supplies. Moving these materials may require heavy pushing and pulling to maneuver heavy objects into place.
- Place empty scrap hoppers at machines as needed. Empty boxes of scrap, gates, and overflows in the inspection area as needed.
- Unload incoming trucks of die casting supplies and deliver to appropriate location.
- Implement all OSHA regulations including the use of all personal protective equipment.
A full range of body motion is required, including bending, twisting, reaching, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, stepping up and down (mounting and dismounting a forklift) and wrist action. Heavy lifting is required, but assistance and mechanical devices are to be used with objects and equipment over 60 pounds.
PHB offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and/or application. You may upload to this website, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (814) 474-9483 or mail to 7900 West Ridge Road, Fairview, PA 16415.
Adobe PDF viewer is required for mobile users to complete application.